Fire Damage Restoration in Ontario, CA 91710We are available 24 hours a day
Fires are very dangerous disasters that can cause significant property damage and endanger lives. The most terrifying aspect of fires is that they can happen very quickly because there are many potential causes. Once a fire starts, evacuating the building is the most important priority to ensure everyone’s safety. After the fire is out, starting the restoration process should be your next priority as the lingering smoke and soot will only make the damage worse.
At ServiceMaster EMT, we provide fire damage restoration services to help clean up and restore homes and commercial buildings that have been damaged by a fire in Ontario, CA. Our technicians can provide stabilization and complete construction services to rebuild structural damage and we can restore damage caused by smoke and soot.
Fire Damage Issues
The damage caused by a fire is extensive because the flames, smoke, and soot each cause different types of damage. The flames often result in structural damage and charring as they burn through common building materials and furnishings and leave them largely destroyed in their wake. When these materials are burned, the chemical reactions create smoke, soot, and residue that are acidic and harmful to surfaces, furnishings, and personal belongings. The smoke can also cause an unpleasant odor to linger on the property.
While putting out the fire will stop the damage caused by the flames, the corrosive byproducts like smoke and soot will still be present. These byproducts will continue to spread after the fire is out and cause additional damage including tarnishing and etching to the objects and materials they affect. If the restoration process does not start quickly after the fire, these byproducts can cause more extensive damage than the fire itself. Our professionals will immediately take steps to limit the spread of corrosive byproducts and begin the cleaning process to remove its effects.
Fire Damage Restoration Ontario, CA
Types of Fire Damage
It is important for our professionals to know the type of fire that occurs so we can properly restore the damage:
- Protein fire: Fires in which grease, hair, and other organic materials like tissues are burned.
- Wood and paper fire: Fires in which wood and paper are burned.
- Synthetic fire: Fires in which synthetic materials like plastic, electrical appliances and devices, furniture, and carpeting are burned.
Fires within homes and buildings are dealt with as synthetic fires because of the amount of synthetic materials that are generally burned.
If a fire has occurred on your property, take the following actions once the fire is out:
- Call our professionals at ServiceMaster EMT for fire damage restoration.
- If the outside temperature is above 60 degrees, open the doors and windows to air out the property.
- Wipe soot from aluminum, chrome, and porcelain surfaces.
- Change the air filter in your furnace.
- Tape a damp cloth over all return and supply registers to catch soot from the air.
- Clean out the inside of your refrigerator.
- Throw away all food that has been contaminated.
- Get your smoke damaged clothing together for restoration dry cleaning.
You should not do any of the following after the fire has been put out:
- Touch surfaces with soot damage because the oils in your hand will cause the soot to penetrate deeper
- Try to clean carpeting or upholstery affected by soot
- Use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet
- Use electronics until they have been inspected and deemed safe
Fire Damage Restoration Process
Regardless of the extent of the damage, our restoration contractors can return your home or building to its original condition after a fire. We will start by stabilizing structural damage and beginning the cleaning process to prevent permanent damage from soot and smoke.
Our complete process will consist of the following steps:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning and pack-out for damaged personal items
- Cleaning and repair of walls and ceilings
- Water damage restoration
- Cleaning of carpeting and upholstery
- Soot and smoke cleaning
- Odor removal
It is important to call our professionals at ServiceMaster EMT immediately after a fire has been put out on your property to limit the secondary damage and speed up the restoration process.
We are available 24 hours a day at (800) 376-6678 to provide emergency fire damage restoration in Ontario, CA.
Related Fire Damage Restoration Services:
Fire Damage Restoration Los Angeles, CA
Fire Damage Repair Las Vegas, CA
Fire Damage Restoration Services Henderson, NV
Fire Restoration Bullhead City, AZ
Fire Restoration Process
Fire Damage Restoration Tips
Fire Damage FAQ